Sunday, March 23, 2014

Mr. Right Now

It would sooooo be nice to have a Mr. Right Now.
   Reality remains I get phone calls nearly every night from a potential Mr. hoping to sway me and charm me into his life...and most often his bed.... yet, I can't really seem to bring myself to any kind of satisfaction.  Am I just being too picky?  I suppose.  However, if the chemistry isn't right then, I guess you just keep moving forward. At least this chick does.

I had an amazing time with someone new for the past few weeks.  He was on Spring Break ... from...drumroll... his girlfriend!  lol!  That's real life I suppose.  He was one scandalous adventure mixed with a sincere heartfelt tingle followed by a first point of contention leading to a big question mark for both of us.

Like all the others, it ends with him talking with his ex and believing a girl like me doesn't actually know he's still seeing her.  I am quiet.  Not stupid.  Big difference.  I'm a Vegas girl.  And in the story of my life the House always wins... meaning
me.  So, not here nor there but will continue letting him believe I don't know better while making him want every last bit of what I have to give and enjoying what little time I have left before the shenanigans end and he's forced to make a choice.  It's just more fun for me that way. :)  It also let's him feel like he has choices. Which he doesn't since I'm not truly up for sale... er.. commitment ...and not sleeping with him either.

What I've learned is all men on the cusp of new love go back home. No matter how done the relationship is, they turn around only to run right back in my direction. Why is that? Oh yea, cause men need the security of their ego and familiarity. Then again, perhaps it's because I'm the "fun girl." The non-committal girl. The no-drama girl. That must be a trick right? Sometimes it just is what it is. Fun.

Sure, in the end, I'm really just like every other girl out there:  Moody, fickle, indecisive, emotional, romantic, sarcastic, and extremely bitchy three weeks out of a four week cycle :)

Men love to pretend they want things they don't  - like a nice girl who sits around and caters to him. But, they don't.  They get bored and it's too easy.  Men are hunters.  Hunters like a challenge and well, we know this about men. So, sometimes a girl like me will give and give and be super nice just to see how much a man is willing to take while giving nothing in return and/or how fast a man will run away. It helps us chickies see true colors and if we want someone like him to be our dude or if he's even worth investing in. Girls like me do this the same way men push women's buttons to see just how far they can go without getting a response. Men who run from girls who are nice are straight out masochists and I'm not down for that drama at this point.

The other thing nearly all men in new love seemingly do is go back to rekindle a past relationship if the opportunity presents itself.  At the end of the day, what I've found is men simply fear change.  So instead of trying what is new and uncomfortable or going after what they say they want, they will run right back to what they know (even if it's not what they want)..

For me, I need a Mr. Right Now who will be available to me on demand. I think that's probably everyone's dream love affair, isn't it?  Either way, if this someone could simply sit there and look pretty and play into my world, I will take care of the rest.  It's the equivalent of asking a man to just lay there. But instead of bedroom acrobatics I need him to simply be present in life and I will take care of the rest.

To some degree I've given up believing men have much to offer a single-mom trying to put her life in order other than great company on nights without the kiddos. Then again, I love every second of being proven wrong...especially when he's covered in grease under my hood making himself useful or teaching this gal new things ... (like how to fix her car and sell timeshare).

Would be nice to take a few shots of tequila and get laid every now and again, but, I know how most men won't go for that and don't like being used... ;)  It is what it is.  And this cookie ain't for sale....   What I can say is every man who thought that's ALL they wanted with me woke up wanting more.

So, ladies... don't stay the night.. don't ask for more... they always come back around... even if they go home first...in which case the ball is in your court!  - XoXo - I*V

Originally Published 3/23/2014




No comments:

Post a Comment